Blackpool 4-1 Nottingham Forest: Steve Cooper’s decision to make 11 CHANGES backfired as the Tangerines rallied to topple their Premier League rivals in the FA Cup
- Steve Cooper made 11 changes to the team that beat Southampton in midweek
- The decision backfired as Marvin Ekpiteta gave Blackpool a first-half lead
- Ian Poveda and CJ Hamilton wrapped up a comfortable win for the hosts
- Jerry Yates added a late fourth goal to seal an emphatic win for the Tangerines
- Ryan Yates grabbed a consolation for Forest in second-half added time
Championship strugglers Blackpool sent Nottingham Forest crashing out of the FA Cup as they cruised to a 3-0 victory at Bloomfield Road on Saturday.
Forest boss Steve Cooper made 11 changes to the team that beat Southampton on Wednesday, but this decision backfired when Blackpool went ahead in the 17th minute when defender Marvin Ekpiteta reacted quickly after scrambling in the box to find the net.
Leeds United loanee Ian Poveda doubled their lead in the 64th minute with a well-taken goal and then CJ Hamilton put the result beyond doubt when he headed in Blackpool’s third seven minutes later. Jerry Yates added a fourth goal, before Ryan Yates scored a late consolation goal for the visitors.
More to follow…
CJ Hamilton (left) celebrates with Poveda after scoring Blackpool’s third goal
Ian Poveda punches the air after scoring Blackpool’s second goal against Nottingham Forest
Marvin Ekpiteta (right) is congratulated after putting Blackpool in front at Bloomfield Road