Vinicius Jr’s agents, according to reports, have ‘raised the possibility of the forward leaving Real Madrid’ as the forward has suffered ‘too many racist insults this season’.
According to ESPN, while the 22-year-old’s agents have submitted proposals to leave the club, the Brazilian is reportedly ‘not considering this idea, despite being on the limit.’
It comes after he was once again subjected to racial insults during Real Madrid’s 1-0 defeat to Valencia on Sunday night.
Diego Lopez scored for the home side before half-time, with Madrid pressing late in the game for an equaliser.
But after losing the ball in play behind the goal, Vinicius said the spectators in the stands made racial insults at him, with the forward being the only person in particular, who directed his anger at him. , before the game was stopped for several minutes.
According to reports, Vinicius Jr’s (centre) agents have ‘raised the possibility of the forward leaving Real Madrid’
This comes after he was subjected to numerous racist insults throughout this season
But the Brazilian is reportedly ‘not considering this idea [Real Madrid exit]despite being on the limit’
This is another instance where the Brazilian forward has been racially discriminated against this season.
LaLiga recently lodged their eighth complaint with the Spanish authorities after the winger suffered further abuse in their El Clasico defeat in March.
In ugly scenes at the Mestalla Stadium, Vinicius was also shown a red card for striking Valencia’s Hugo Duro in the dying stages of the match.
After the game, his manager Carlo Ancelotti didn’t want to talk about football but was instead angry at the incident, that once again, Vinicius was racially abused.
The Italian revealed what he said to the referee during the game, telling reporters: ‘I told him he had to stop the match. He told me that protocol says you have to report it, but he was insulted from the first minute.
When asked how Vinicius was doing, the manager replied: ‘He is very sad, angry… no, sad. This cannot happen.’
‘Stop the match,’ Ancelotti said, when asked what the solution was.
‘For me, it is to stop the fight. It’s clear that it can’t go on, it’s impossible. He is the player who receives the most fouls and the most insults.
The Brazilian, who has returned 23 goals and 21 assists in 53 games in all competitions this season, posted a picture on his Instagram earlier this evening with the following caption.
‘It’s not the first time, not the second and not the third,’ he wrote.
Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks this is normal, so does the Federation and the opponents encourage it. I’m so sorry.
‘The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi, now belongs to racists. A beautiful country, which accepted me and I love, but accepted to export the image to the world from a racist country.
‘Sorry for the Spanish who disagree, but now, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists.
‘And unfortunately with everything that happens on a weekly basis, I have no way to defend. I agree.
‘But I am strong and will go to the end against racists. Even far from here.’
Meanwhile, Valencia issued a public statement ‘condemning insults and attacks of all kinds in football’ following the incident.
Carlo Ancelotti (left) revealed he told the referee he ‘had to stop the match’ after Vinicius was subjected to racial discrimination in Real Madrid’s 1-0 defeat to Valencia on Sunday night
The Italian (left) also said that ‘it’s clear it can’t go on, it’s impossible’ when recounting the incident
After the game, Valencia released a statement that ‘publicly condemns insults and attacks of all kinds in football’
It reads: ‘Valencia CF wishes to publicly denounce insults and attacks of all kinds in football.
‘The club has a firm commitment to the values of respect and sportsmanship, and reiterates our position against physical and verbal violence in stadiums. So, we are saddened by the events that took place in LaLiga Matchday 35 against Real Madrid.
‘Although this is an isolated episode, insults to any opposing player have no place in football and do not fit the values and identity of Valencia CF. The club is investigating what happened and will take the strongest possible action against the perpetrators. Valencia CF also condemns any offense and asks for the utmost respect for our fans.
‘While strongly deploring these isolated incidents, Valencia CF would like to thank the more than 46,000 fans in attendance for their support for the team.’
News/Image Sources: Daily Mail